Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Excerpt for Tell Me a Desire by Tamara Lush


EXCERPT
“You ready?”

Caleb’s hands covered my eyes as we stood in the doorway of his bedroom— our bedroom—and I laughed and jumped up and down.

“I’ve been ready all day. I can’t believe you’ve made me wait to see this.”

Although I moved most of my stuff into his penthouse over a two week span, he hadn’t let me near the bedroom. We’d been sleeping at my house while the designers and painters and builders worked on the redesign. The messy-chic décor at my house was making Caleb a little anxious, I thought, and he was eager to return to the stark cleanliness of his penthouse.

“I wanted it to be a surprise.”

I squirmed against his body as he tightened his hands over my eyes and kissed the back of my ear. “Please, let me see, Caleb. You know I can’t wait for surprises.”

“You smell good, you know that?” He licked my earlobe, making me wait. “Like vanilla and coconut. Or maybe caramel. Makes me ravenous.”

“I always smell like caramel. Now show me the room!”

He slipped his hands off my face, and I froze, open-mouthed. I couldn’t have better decorated a room if I’d had access to the Art Deco offerings at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The walls were a rich cream, which set off the dove-gray curtains. A blonde-teak headboard shimmered in the golden light of the geometric lamps…and of course, the gorgeous vanity he’d bought me for my birthday.

“It’s like a perfect replica of the hotel in Paris.” I recalled our first romantic trip together and grinned. “How did you remember every detail?”

I ran my hand over the duvet, then to the smooth wood of the headboard.

“I found out the name of the hotel’s decorator and hired him. I wanted it to be perfect for you. It’s our room now.”

“And this? God, it’s gorgeous.” I petted the velveteen, golden chaise and sat down.

“I thought you could read on it.”

I blinked back a tear because a flash of my childhood bedroom came into my mind, and I remembered how I’d slept on a thin futon in our trailer for the entirety of high school. How my room was barren of a bureau and how I’d had one pile for clean clothes and one pile for dirty. How I’d wake up in the middle of the night to hear the plastic skirting around the trailer rattle and wonder if it was the night everything would be blown away like the places I’d seen on TV.

This new bedroom, this lavish, luxurious space, was something I could have never dreamed of as a child.

And yet…maybe now I’d moved in with Caleb, we’d eventually decorate a room for our baby. Maybe this room, our bedroom, was the beginning of something larger. Life as a family. My heart surged as I gazed at him.




TELL ME A STORY, BOOK 1

A flirtatious reading of erotica blossoms into something deep and tender in the steamy Florida heat...

Tell Me a Story

Emma, a free-spirited bookstore owner in Orlando, keeps her business afloat with innovative ideas. Her most popular evening event is Story Brothel, where customers can pay writers to read aloud to them in a story-time for two, complete with cocktails. Despite the name, the event is usually tame. But things take a steamy turn when a handsome, urbane businessman hires Emma for a session in a private cabana. Daringly, she shares with him a reading of her erotica. Soon both of them are feeling the effects ... and Emma's wondering what kind of lover is underneath his expensive suit.

Caleb may be a billionaire real estate mogul, but he's never been captivated by a woman as he is by the lovely, quirky Emma. Her rockabilly vintage dresses make him long to strip them off and do very wicked things to her. And her refusal to share her personal life only makes him more curious.

Soon the couple are spending every available moment together. But Emma's building is in danger of being razed out from under her bookstore ... and worse, Caleb may be behind her problems. Can she trust him with her life as she does with her body? Or will the prickly walls built during her harsh past keep them apart?
***
Don't miss the next installment, Tell Me a Desire: Episode Two of The Story Series
***

TELL ME A DESIRE, BOOK 2

Emma and Caleb spend nearly all their free time enjoying each other sensually, but she wonders how permanent their relationship will be.

Emma's beloved Orlando bookstore is saved, thanks to Caleb's quick actions. She's caught up in a dizzying whirl of work and play, between her business, his palatial condo and the romantic getaways her handsome real estate mogul plans. But her 35th birthday brings not only sweet gifts, but the bitter realization that if she's going to have a family, it has to be now. She wants forever, but what about Caleb?

Caleb is in love for the first time in his life, and he can't do enough for his raven-haired temptress. He's happy living in the now, showering her with gifts to make up for her childhood, spent in poverty. But when Emma brings up the future, it becomes clear that she's not the only one with a past that can rear up and threaten their happiness. Despite all the daring exploration he persuades her into, marriage may just be his hard limit. Will he find a way past his darkest fears?

***

Don't miss Tell Me a Lie: Episode Three of The Story Series. Release date: August 4, 2016

Tell Me a Story (Episode 1) is FREE!!


Tell Me a Story (Episode 2) is $.99 - Limited Time


THE ENTIRE SERIES IS AT $.99 RIGHT NOW:



~MEET TAMARA LUSH~
Tamara Lush is an award-winning journalist with The Associated Press who also writes sexy romance novels for smart women.

After completing her undergraduate degree at Emerson College in Boston, she began her reporting career at a small, weekly newspaper in Massachusetts. Her work has appeared in The Village Voice, People Magazine, The St. Petersburg Times, The Boston Globe and USA Today, among others.

When Tamara isn't writing or reading, she's doing yoga, cooking for her Italian husband or chasing her dogs on a beach on Florida's Gulf Coast. She loves connecting with people on social media.

~CONNECT WITH TAMARA~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS      TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment