Sunday, July 31, 2016

Book Review for Untimely You by K Webster


He can't love her. It simply won't work. Besides, he's already bound to the prison he created. A life that owns him. 

She craves to help him. She'll make it work. His secrets test the limits of her sanity and morals. Yet he owns her. 

The chains will break free. 
The demon will be released. 
And he'll be hungry for...her. 

Will their untimely love overcome the past and create a living, breathing future? 

Perhaps. 

Or, they might just go crazy... 


REVIEW: 3-3.5 STARS
"I'm no gold digger - I'm an orgasm digger. And something tells me Hocksted would be just the freak in the sheets I need."

This is the case of opposites attract on every level. Refined and mature vs young and clumsy, almost goofy. Such an odd couple....but they needed each other and they really worked. This storyline was a magnificent storyline with all it's twists and turns it pulled you through. Who doesn't love a boss/employee love story? Forbidden love is my favorite.

Ok, Adrian and Neesy are made for each other in EVERY way possible. He was troubled, angry and guilt-ridden and she was calm, compassionate and loving. She was the life he needed breathed back into him.  I loved her compassion for him and how she calmed him. He was so broody and angry one minute, and needy and loving the next. He was an attentive lover and she was the calm to his storm. He was so conflicted during this entire book, and I did like that hot/cold aspect of him because that brought out the honest love and best in Neesy. He is so emotionally wrecked as a man, but Neesy is such the perfect person for him. I like their dynamic in that aspect.  Neesy reminded him that he is alive, he is worthy and he is loved. She really tried hard and was there for him when he truly needed her.

Definitely need to mention that I really liked Eric and who he was in relation to Adrian and Neesy. I loved his character, what he stood for and how he worked into the story. It's not often I mention a secondary character, but he was worth mentioning! He was a good man. 

However, I feel the need to bring up what didn't work for me in this book, as this is a first for me with K Webster:
➜  Unlike all the books I've read by K, this one started out almost forced for me. I didn't connect to the characters right away like I normally do.
➜  She was the clumsiest woman I have ever read. Like, uncomfortably awkward.
➜  She was also a doormat to him....in some instances it was necessary for him to be calmed by her, but it was a little excessive in some areas. I wasn't comfortable reading about some parts of it, but he 'needed' that in her. 
➜  Some of the physical aspects of their relationship had the opposite effect on me. 

Just because these rubbed me wrong does NOT mean this book isn't good, because it is. K Webster ended this book beautifully and perfectly. The ending made me smile and their love made me sigh. Check it out and let me know what you think about the book!

~BEE

◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
~MEET K WEBSTER~
K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.
Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.

~CONNECT WITH K~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER 

    WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment