Sunday, July 31, 2016

Book Review for One by Jewel E Ann


One
by Jewel E Ann

Lake Jones is a cover girl for cutting­-edge prosthetic legs, a binge­-watcher of Netflix, known to spy on her neighbor through her door’s peephole, and fond of laser games with her hairless cat. She’s also a bit sexually frustrated.

Until ...

God bestows a breath of mercy upon her in the form of Minnesota’s NFL starting quarterback. But this gift is no stranger. Lake met Cage Monaghan three years earlier.

It was one day.

One moment.

One kiss that resurrected her dreams of finding love.

His dimpled smile distracts from his imperfections, which include: a love for country music, fishing, and a feline­-hating girlfriend.

When life finally gives them their chance, it’s a humorous and heart-wrenching journey to find their place in the world.

"We would be Cage and Lake. We would be unpredictable. We would be reckless. We would give normality the middle finger.”

***This book is a standalone. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that any readers who have not, but may consider, reading the Jack & Jill Series, do so before reading this book. It contains spoilers to Jack & Jill.



REVIEW: 5 STARS
"Focus on our future because, Lake...you are my future and I will marry you, even if I have to drag you to the alter and fuck a yes out of you."

This book started out making me LAUGH so hard, but by the end of it, I was swooning terribly hard. It was my first book by Jewel and one that makes me want to read more. I can't tell you enough how much I loved this book. This book was beautiful. Like, the kind you can just sigh after you finish reading it! I just feel like I was rocked in a cradle....swaddled, loved, cherished. This book really was an emotional ride.

I think it's hard to balance cocky with sensuality with honesty with pure love with sincerity with with with with.....seriously. UGH!!! This book did it for me. My thoughts are jumbled, my heart is amazingly full and I'm trying to wrap my head around the love that was presented in this book. This book was heart-tugging at it's best. I really did enjoy the emotions I went through while reading this book. It was a great mixture of sarcasm and real emotions. Very well balanced book.

I'm so in love......so.in.love. I just want to run around screaming, shaking people by the shoulders and telling them to READ THIS BOOK. I just feel like the emotions were just so real. I wish I could just explain it better. All I know is I loved this book. It pretty much left me speechless.

Throughout this entire book, I laughed. Like, laugh-out-loud and my husband shaking his head at me because I had tears....It was because Lake had a genuine honesty to her sarcasm, and she never let me down with her badassery. I liked her A LOT. But, adding Cage to the mix, her quirkiness mixed with his sexiness and honesty made me fall in love. 

Cage is the epitome of every woman's dream man. He is a man that knows what he wants, and he goes after it....but not in a cocky way. He's more sincere. More genuine. More true. I don't know how to explain it other than by the time I was nearing the end, my heart was just HUGE with love for him. There was definite pain, but an immense amount of love in this book. Jewel did an amazing job drawing me into this story and making me feel it. I felt so wrapped up and so comforted. So. Good. Every single thing about Cage made me smile. Even his jealousy was sexy! 

I will be honest by saying that while this states it can be read as a standalone, I did feel a little lost at some parts of the story since I knew they were referencing the Jack & Jill series and a bit about how they first met. Did it take away from the story? No....and I can still say that you can easily read this one without having to worry about the quality of the story, but there are quite a few spoilery parts in this book for that series. I still haven't read the series, but I most definitely will be. What a great introduction to a new author for me. WOW. So good. 

"She became my drug, a heady cocktail of everything. The high I got from her was beyond anything imaginable."
~BEE



~MEET JEWEL E ANN~
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor.

With 10 years of flossing lectures under belt, she took early retirement from her dental hygiene career to stay home with her three awesome boys and manage the family business.

After her best friend of nearly 30 years suggested a few books from the contemporary Romance genre, Jewel was hooked. Devouring two and three books a week but still craving more, she decided to practice sustainable reading, AKA writing.

When she’s not donning her cape and saving the planet one tree a a time, she enjoys yoga with friends, good food with family, rock climbing with her kids, watching How I Met Your Mother reruns, and of course . . .heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, panty-scorching novels.

~CONNECT WITH JEWEL~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON      GOODREADS      TWITTER


ARC Review

No comments:

Post a Comment