Monday, August 29, 2016

Dual Book Review for TEN and SIX by Ker Dukey

SIX
by KER DUKEY
Men By Numbers Series

I grew up in the foster system and bounced around from place to place. I know what you’re thinking. Bad things happened to me and fucked me up? Don’t feel bad for me. I didn’t know a privileged life, therefore I didn’t miss one. I was what I was and I made it work. I actually had a few good homes in my lifetime, met some good people, but that’s not what my story’s about. It’s not a Romeo and Juliet saga either, even if our stories do revolve around a similar basis. I knew a real love, a rare love, a love between two people that were never supposed to fall in love. Rival gang members are never allowed to fall in love and it cost us everything. The things I learned growing up the way I did is this: Love is deadly and often not real. People come and go and only the rare few stick around when shit gets tough. I learned the hard way what lurks behind false smiles, and that deceitful truths get whispered in sexual moans. I was taught that dark souls are not born but created, and you can avoid them, hide from them or learn and become them.

Revenge sculpted and molded me into the darkest of souls, and with my wrath comes agony and torment more severe than hell itself. I took out six of the men who hurt my woman and I will be coming for the rest. Get in my way and I’ll come for you too.


TEN

Ten years old I fell in love
Ten years was the price of that love
Ten years later our world’s re-collide


Alexandria (Alex)

My brother Jonah was possessive when it came to the things he owned; this unfortunately included the people in his life. The forbidden love between his best friend and me was just that… forbidden. 
Our families were from different walks of life and as a sheriff’s daughter being with a Moore’s kid would never be tolerated. To my parents their son and Dalton Moore were on different paths and their friendship would end as soon as college began but it was my brother who had a craving for trouble. He was always looking for danger, committing petty crimes and getting away with it because Dalton would take the fall, blackening his already stained name. When Jonah found out we broke the rules by loving each other, his consequences impacted us all with immeasurable suffering. 
Betrayal comes with a debt and it would be paid by all of us. 
One with their heart, 
one with their mind 
and one would pay in blood.


REVIEW: 4 STARS
"Love knows no reason, no sin. It doesn't see or hear, it just is."

Oh gosh....where to start!!? I binge read this weekend. I read both TEN and SIX by Ker Dukey, and I didn't want to stop!!! This review is for SIX, but I will include TEN in it as well, since I read them one after the other. We meet SIX in TEN, but these are both standalones. I did fall for SIX in TEN though....and let me say, he is a tall drink of water. With lemon. Pucker up. He's a bitter one.

That whole paragraph was fun to write. HA!

To say these books were addicting, that would be an understatement. I really enjoyed these storylines and didn't want to put them down. I have never read two books in ONE weekend....seriously. The draw to these books was the fact that I have never read gritty books before, and there was a hint of forbidden to them. I've always read heavy angst, super emotional love stories. Sometimes I even throw in a rom-com for good measure. But this one? This series has gripped me and I cannot wait for MORE. MORE, I tell you. I loved the surge of adrenaline every time something was happening and someone needed to 'take care of something'.

It was gritty.
It was brutal.
It was disturbing at time.

But the love was amazing. The love enveloped while you sorted out what was happening. The love....the love was strong. These big Billy Bad-Asses had soft spots that only their women brought out in them.

Ker Dukey made you FEEL this love between ALL her characters. I seriously never questioned anything ever once. Dalton and Alex were inseparable from such a young age. The love was unstoppable. Six and Misty had this pull that was covered by innocence and curiosity. She was innocent and curious and He didn't want to give in to his own curiosity. I swear....I read both of these books one after the other, and the rush I got from everything going on was addictive! I really enjoyed both of these books and would easily recommend them to anyone!

"I lose gravity when he's around me -- my whole being descending into chaos and struggling to find ground."
~BEE
PURCHASE TEN:  http://amzn.to/2bwpoxf
PURCHASE SIX:  http://amzn.to/2bxs3nk

~MEET KER DUKEY~
My books all tend to be darker romance, edge of you seat, angst filled reads. My advice to my readers when starting one of my titles...prepare for the unexpected.

I have always had a passion for storytelling, whether it be through lyrics or bed time stories with my sisters growing up. We also used to put on performances by acting out stories. I wanted to become an actress from an early age so I could live out many roles but unfortunately I learned early on that my mind was too active...(I would end up wanting to change the script)
I would watch films or TV shows and think of ways they could have improved the story if they took another direction so I thought it best that I tell my own.

My mum would always have a book in her hand when I was young and passed on her love for reading, inspiring me to venture into writing my own. I tend to have a darker edge to my writing. Not all love stories are made from light; some are created in darkness but are just as powerful and worth telling.

When I'm not lost in the world of characters I love spending time with my family. I'm a mum and that comes first in my life but when I do get down time I love attending music concerts or reading events with my younger sister.

Come find me on facebook where i love interacting with my readers.

~CONNECT WITH KER~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER


No comments:

Post a Comment