Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Book Review for The Hidden Life by Erin Noelle


***NOTE TO READER: This is a supplemental novella to the full-length novel, The Perfect Life, and should not be read as a standalone.***

I had a hidden life.


To everyone on the outside, I was Seth Andrews, best friend to Colin Cassidy - the superstar quarterback of the New England Patriots, and infamous playboy.

To anyone looking in, my life was what others only dreamed of. I had the posh apartment, luxury car, and designer threads to prove it.

But what happens when the life you lead isn't the life your heart wants? What it needs?

How long can you live your public life when the one that really makes you happy is the hidden one?


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"Because you're the only one. You'll always be my only one."

After reading The Perfect Life, I was so upset that Colin and Seth's story had ended. Why? I felt like I needed more. I truly believed their story was the one that needed more words and I felt lost when I finished that book (that story was REALLY REALLY good!).  It almost felt....unfinished because I knew their story was worth telling. Alas, Erin Noelle gave that to me in this short novella. YES!

I don't normally read novellas, or different POV books that follow a series, because they are usually a play-by-play recap of everything that happened and we don't get anything new. Most of this book was a recap, all in Seth's POV, but a recap nonetheless. I liked the little bit of insight we got into Seth's anger and his POV as to the way Colin was treating him, and I may have gasped and caught my breath when Colin was at the podium letting the world know about him and Seth, but my FAVORITE part about this novella was the epilogue. Hands down, BEST part!! This read was worth it just to get that HEA for them, and a look into their life and what happened after it was all said and done.

I really loved Seth and Colin's story, a lot. They were sexy, they were in love and they had a lot of support. Their love was definitely a great one, and the moral of the story behind it was so sweet. Colin and Seth have a love worth celebrating and I am so glad I got this extra glimpse into it!! One of the neatest things worth mentioning were the quotes from the poet Christopher Poindexter that began every chapter. Beautiful words.

Before you get upset, just know that I don't ever really feel like I need a HEA, but it's always much appreciated. This bonus novella was everything I needed for me to feel like their story was finally 'finished'. If you remember, I had a hard time with the way The Perfect Life ended because I wanted more. I knew Colin and Seth had a story for me! You can read my review for The Perfect Life HERE. That was a great story as well! I like the way Erin tells her stories and I will be checking out more from her.

"I love us for the way our eyes make love to each other's soul." -Christopher Poindexter
~BEE
◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     

~MEET ERIN NOELLE~
Erin Noelle is a Texas native, where she lives with her husband and two young daughters. While earning her degree in History, she rediscovered her love for reading that was first instilled by her grandmother when she was a young child. A lover of happily-ever-afters, both historical and current, Erin is an avid reader of all romance novels. In 2013, she published the Book Boyfriend Series, which included books Metamorphosis, Ambrosia, and Euphoria. Her books have been a part of the USA Today Bestselling list and/ or the Amazon and Barnes & Noble overall Top 100.

~CONNECT WITH ERIN~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

ARC review

Check out Erin's books HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment