Sunday, April 3, 2016

Book Review: Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan



RHYSON

She doesn't wear my ring.
We never stood before a preacher.
The only vows exchanged were between our bodies; between our souls.
But she was mine and I was hers until I ruined it. I have to believe that every day, every step, every breath brings me closer to making things right.
To making her mine again.

KAI

I've seen promises broken.
I know love makes no guarantees.
But things were different for Rhys and me, until he lied, and I walked away. Only there's a chain between our hearts that I can't break. Even if I forgive him, a shadow from my past hangs over us; over this love that reaches all the way down to my soul.

ADD TO GOODREADS


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
REVIEW: 5 STARS
Deep calls out to deep.

OOOOH!!! You need to read this series!!! I waited four months for this conclusion....and it was so very worth it!!! Kennedy Ryan is so good at creating such intricate worlds and inviting you into them. I love her words and the way she uses them to describe life and love. It was beautiful and lyrical, and gut-wrenching and happy, all wrapped up in a pretty bow. 

To watch Kai go through something she never should have had to makes me sad, but also mad. Literally, mad. The nerve of some people to manipulate others' lives is insane. While I don't much like overly dramatic plots for things that I wouldn't normally see 'happen', this storyline worked and I really couldn't stop reading it. It was a really good conclusion. My Soul to Keep left me on a cliffy with a whodunnit, so it took me for a wild ride during this conclusion. It wasn't overly angsty, but it was a page turner for sure. I really enjoyed it.

The love that Rhyson had for Kai is what big girl fairytales are made of! Seriously! Their love, and the depth of their love, was beautiful. Their love withstood some serious turmoil, but I couldn't help but swoon over the pure devotion he had for her and how much he was willing to do for her!!! He has never given up on her and he never will. Nothing or no one would ever do for him, and he realizes it's only her. His very life depends on it and he treated it that way. It was such a breath of fresh air to see a love that had no requirements or decisions that had to be made. It was pure unadulterated love between these two.

"You know there's already a vow between us that goes beyond all of that, and for you to be with anyone else would be adultery of the soul."
~BEE




BOOK 1: MY SOUL TO KEEP
Check out my review HERE


KAI

I had two things in life that mattered. My mother and my music.
Mama was taken from me too soon, and now music is all I have left. It's the thing that's pushed me right out of backwoods Georgia into Los Angeles, where the line between fantasy and reality shimmers and blurs. I'm finally making my way, making my mark. I can't afford to fall for one of music's brightest stars. Not now. Music is all I have left, and I'm holding on tight with both hands. I won't let go, not even for Rhyson Gray.

RHYSON

I had one thing in my life that mattered - music. The only constant, it's taken me to heights most people only dream about; a gift dropped in my lap at birth. I thought it was enough. I thought it was everything until I met Kai. Now she's all I think about, like a song I can't get out of my head. If I have to chase her, if I have to give up everything - I will. And once she's mine, I won't let go. 



◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     

~MEET KENNEDY RYAN~
I'm a wife, a mom, a writer, an advocate for families living with autism. That's me in a nutshell. Crack the nut, and you'll find a Southern girl gone Southern California who loves pizza and Diet Coke, and wishes she got to watch a lot more television. You can usually catch me up too late, on social media too much, or FINALLY putting a dent in my ever-growing To Be Read list!

~CONNECT WITH KENNEDY~

FACEBOOK      AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh YES! This series is really a must read. I love it so much. Letting go of Rhys and Kai was very hard for me to do. I wish I could just read on and on. Love your review Bee. My sentiments exactly.

    ReplyDelete