Monday, April 4, 2016

Book Review: The Fire Between High and Lo by Brittainy Cherry

THE FIRE BETWEEN HIGH AND LO
by BRITTAINY CHERRY

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

Logan Francis Silverstone and I were complete opposites. I danced, and he stood still. He was quiet, while I ran my mouth. He struggled to find a smile, and I refused to frown.

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn't look away.

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows.

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision--a decision that changed us forever.

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too.


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"Maybe he was a person who simply existed instead of lived."

Brittainy Cherry is a newer author to me, but after reading The Air He Breathes, I knew that I needed to read this one. I love her storytelling and the way she breathes life into her characters. She definitely has that ability to suck you into a book and hold you hostage, forcing you to turn those page as you soak up her story.

This book was NO different. Once again, I was held captive by her words and I couldn't stop reading the book. I loved Alyssa and Logan. They are the hardest working couple that overcame so many obstacles to find their happily ever after in their love story. Absolutely LOVED them.

The way Alyssa and Logan fell in love was so beautiful.....and it was real. I loved how deep their love went and how it became secondary nature to them to go through all the different nuances they had. I loved their way of communicating, their way of making sure they were ok and reassuring each other. It was just beautiful! I need to say that the way she built up their background and their characters was perfect. By the time I finished this story, I felt like I could shoulder-shrug my way through a conversation with them....and they would know exactly what I was saying. HA!!

There was some drama in the book that tugged on the heartstrings a little, but the overall background of the characters and the emotional story was of Alyssa and Logan. Their love was good...it was thick, it was real. They are proof that real, heartfelt love can withstand ANYthing. I really loved them.  There were a few times their love just made me feel breathless....it was one the kind of love that you just wanted to wrap yourself in.

This book lacked the angst I was anticipating....so I felt like I wanted more in that aspect, though, but it in NO way diminishes the beauty of this story.

"Passion was our drug, and we were addicted to the high."
~BEE



~MEET BRITTAINY CHERRY~
Brittainy Cherry has been in love with words since the day she took her first breath. She graduated from Carroll University with a Bachelors Degree in Theatre Arts and a minor in Creative Writing. She loves to take part in writing screenplays, acting, and dancing--poorly of course. Coffee, chai tea, and wine are three things that she thinks every person should partake in! Brittainy lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with her family. When she's not running a million errands and crafting stories, she's probably playing with her adorable pets.

~CONNECT WITH BRITTAINY~ 
FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER


No comments:

Post a Comment