Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Book Review for Jackson by Eve Jagger



I thought I knew what I wanted.

The perfect life, the perfect wife.

And then I met Skylar.

Turns out what I wanted wasn't what I needed.

She's spontaneous, beautifully chaotic. She's an irresistible storm about to let loose. She dances like a firecracker and finds the sexiest ways to get in trouble. She breaks into buildings and knows all of Atlanta's best taco trucks. She doesn't check the boxes on my list--she blows my list out of the water.

I thought I knew what I wanted, but now all I want is her.

But our lives are so different. She's chasing adventure and determined to never settle down. I'm climbing the ladder to success, setting the groundwork for my ambition and the family that I hope to build. When our worlds come together, will they fit together or will they clash?


◆   ◆   ◆   ◆   ◆   ◆
REVIEW: 4 STARS
"You value thrill rides. And I value reality."


I. Am. So. In. Love.

I loved Knox (see my REVIEW), but I have to find some space to put Jackson too! Jackson was so sexy!! OMG, he had me drooling. I loved the way he talked. I loved the way he carried himself. I love the way he thought. He was a very structured man with some smoothness to him. Not nerdy structured, just structured. He probably had his closet color coordinated,  his sock drawer lined up by colors and his underwear folded up in nice piles. Structured but super ridiculously sexy. But, still, I loved Jackson. And I *MUST* point out his mouth.....the way he talked to her melted my heart. There was some deepness to his words, as well as some dirty. Mmm Mmm good!

Sklyar was so young, so naive and so HAPPY. So happy to the point that her bounciness and naïveté made me smile as I was reading the book. She was almost....immature? But not in a bad way!! That's probably not the right word, but she lived for the moment she was IN and never let anything bother her. She didn't carry any weight with her and lived day to day, not worrying about where she was going to end up eventually. She went with the flow of things. Her character was pretty fun to read; obnoxious at points, but fun nonetheless.

Having said that, soooome people who shall remain nameless couldn't mix chaos with serenity. These two were polar opposites in every way, but had this raw, unbridled attraction to each other and they were combustible when they got together. You could feel the need and lust between them, and they were HOT together. Hot.  Their sexy times were so seductive and dreamy!

But inevitably, with intense emotions come strong feelings of right and wrong, as well as personal needs versus wants in a relationship. The drama between these two, while I didn't necessarily like, made them both grow. They had to stop and think about how they were feeling and what was causing these emotions. I think some situations were glossed over and some things weren't explored as much as they could have been, but overall, this was a good book and I am definitely enjoying EJ's writing. I'm so glad I found her one night by chance!

I haven't read all the books in this series and started with KNOX, but I sure want to now. This entire series is full of HOT men!! I keep reading snippets of each guy in the books I've read and I love it. Jackson can be read as a complete standalone as Eve Jagger makes sure the story at hand focuses on the couple in the book, even though we learn a little about the other guys. Nothing is given away that would spoil the other books for you. Jump in....I am loving these Sexy Bastards. I need to read Hard and Cash soon!!  

"I could spend the rest of my life touching you and never get bored."
~BEE
 
◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     

~MEET EVE JAGGER~
Eve Jagger is a native of Georgia and is a true southern girl at heart. A stay at home mom to two kids, she's married to a sexy man who doesn’t mind being used as research for those naughty scenes.

Eve cut her teeth writing in high school and college, but it wasn’t until recently that she got the itch to write a full length novel. She loves complex, emotionally-charged characters and wild, sexy leading men. Hard: A Sexy Bastard Book releases at the end of April 2015 and she can’t wait for you to meet her characters that occupy her mind 24/7!

Eve loves to talk and meet people on social media, so be sure and touch base with her.

~CONNECT WITH EVE~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment