Friday, March 11, 2016

Book Tour Review: This is War, Baby by K Webster



THIS IS WAR, BABY
by K WEBSTER

My life had a plan. Until he invaded it and stole it all away. My captor took me and I became a pawn.

His strategy changed and he sent me away to WAR, because money is everything in this world.

In my WAR, though, I found peace.

I couldn’t help but find love where I least expected it, with a man who lived a battle every day of his life
…all inside his head.

But then my captor came back for me.
Yet, this time, battle lines had been drawn and I was protected.

So we thought.
Even though my WAR was raging,
my captor would fight to the death.

The good guys always win, right?
Not always.

All’s fair in love and WAR, right?
Not this time.

***WARNING***
This is War, Baby is a dark romance. A really dark one. So dark you’re going to wish you had a flashlight to see yourself to the end and someone to hold your hand. Human trafficking, dubious consent, and strong sexual themes that could trigger emotional distress are found in this story. This story is NOT for everyone.

ADD TO GOODREADS


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
Review
"If things were different, I'd almost say he was hot. But I'm his prisoner, not his lover."

What a roller coaster of feelings this book had!!! I read Dirty Ugly Toy at the end of last year and was blown away at the intensity in that book.....and when I asked about this book, I was told it was even more intense and darker. Well, needless to say, I was a little scared to jump into the book. I started to read it, and once again, I was immediately hooked. K Webster is really good at hooking you from the very beginning. This book made me cringe! I had to ask myself, why did I like this so much!!? Seriously. It was just beyond my comprehension. 

This book was an insane journey for Baylee and for ME! I have read only ONE other dark book/series by another author, so this genre is fairly new to me. I love the heart-beating, adrenaline causing rush I get from everything that is going on while reading these types of books. That was my favorite part about the book.  Ok, WAR was the best part about the book, for me. Why? Because I may have been able to identify with him on a few certain 'levels' and I felt sorry for the poor guy. He was weird and sexy, all in one. Interesting thing to note though; I heard TWO different voices while reading his POV, so it was very different for me. At one point he came across as very strong and a little brash, and then at other times he came across rather timid and young. I am not sure why I heard two different voices as I read it, but I am very curious to see how it all plays out in the scheme of things. I really really liked him. A lot. I loved discovering him as we read the book, and I felt sorry for him because of what he went through on a daily basis. The agony of fear....knowing it's implications, and pissed off at it's limitations. Such a deep, intricate character.

Baylee, Baylee, Baylee. I loved her curious 17 year old mind. I liked her innocence and her fear. (I sound demented, but just go with me.) This poor girl is very naïve and couldn't understand her own feelings on things and for that matter, neither could I. I also didn't understand her thinking process on a few things either, so I was baffled part of the time. How can you go from being raped and tortured, to willingly offering yourself up? I couldn't quite wrap my head around some things she would do and say, so I am hoping for more from the second book. I am really looking forward to This Is Love, Baby. It will be a great wrap up and ending for War and I hope he gets Peace

Overall, this was a really good book. I can easily recommend it and look forward to discussion about it. Because even though I had some issues with it, it was still a really good read that I devoured. It was an adrenaline rush! I am excited for the next book....bring it on!!

"I bought her in hopes that she'd save me."
~BEE
◆ PURCHASE ◆ 

AMAZON US      AMAZON UK     B&N     iBOOKS     KOBO






~MEET K WEBSTER~
K Webster is the author of dozens romance books in many different genres including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, and erotic romance. When not spending time with her husband of twelve years and two adorable children, she's active on social media connecting with her readers.
Her other passions besides writing include reading and graphic design. K can always be found in front of her computer chasing her next idea and taking action. She looks forward to the day when she will see one of her titles on the big screen.

~CONNECT WITH K~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER 

    WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment