Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Book Review for Missed Connection by K Larsen and Mara White

MISSED CONNECTION
by K LARSEN and MARA WHITE 

Twenty years weren’t enough for either of them to forget.

A chance encounter, a missed connection.

Two wayward stars that collided in a turbulent sky, at the right place, but at the wrong time in both of their lives.

What happens when they meet again? Do the same unforgettable sparks still fly?

Titan Jennings and Jesenia Van Buren may come from two different worlds but their hearts are open to second chances. No matter who or what may stand against them, love is what anchors their lives together.

Love may be infinite but time is not, Missed Connection is a novel about making the very best you can with what little you’ve got.

ADD TO GOODREADS

◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
Review: 5 Stars

"Your eyes, they do strange things to me. They've haunted my dreams for so long and now, here you are in the flesh."

OK, as I attempt to put my blubbering mind into review-mode, I have to just put it out there that this book, one of the FIRST I've read this year, is already on my favorites list for 2016. It was tragically moving, beautifully written and lyrically stated. Lyrical in every sense of the word, because it just felt like we kept moving along gracefully.

This book shook me to my core. It did. It made me outright bawl....and it should be noted that I do not cry while reading books. Like, ever. EVER. I have cried ONE time and this now makes TWO. Shoulder shaking sobs. I read it in one sitting, staying up until 1am in the morning to finish it. I was held captive by the story, with the words flowing beautifully and effortlessly.

This was my first book by either author. and so this collaboration melded really well. I actually felt like I was reading TWO different points of view while going back and forth between the characters. This was an amazing story of two older people finding each other after being separated for so long....and the effect they had on each other 20 years ago, as well as what that effect has had on them and their lives over the past 20 years. It's an amazing story. <sigh> So darn good....

The heart just knows what it needs, what it craves....it truly knows. I can't explain without giving away too much, but this book was truly amazing. Read this book with an open heart.....and a box of tissues. I can't stop thinking about this book. It was.....for a lack of a better word, beautiful. It just was. It was moving to me. It was a slow rock to a moving world. It was a bobbing boat in a tumultuous river. I felt like everything was swirling around me while I read it, but it was a comforting (albeit sad) read.

Giveaway for a copy of the book HERE.

"So whatever you've been through in life, wherever you are now in life, and wherever you're going in this life, know this: you're with me still."

~BEE
 PURCHASE 

AMAZON US      AMAZON UK     B&N     iBOOKS     

~MEET K LARSEN~
K. Larsen is an avid reader, coffee drinker, and chocolate eater who loves writing. She received her B.A.from Simmons College- a while ago. She currently lives and works in Maine. She writes steamy romantic suspense novels when no one's looking. 

Available through all major book retailers, all of her books can be purchased in paperback or for any e-reader. She can be found on Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter should you want to stalk her. 

Currently working on her next novels, she's published Saving Caroline, 30 Days, Committed, Dating Delaney, The Bloodlines Series (Tug of War, Objective, Resistance and Target 84) and Jezebel.

~CONNECT WITH K~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER     WEBSITE


~MEET MARA WHITE~
Mara White is a contemporary romance and erotica writer who laces forbidden love stories with hard issues, such as race, gender and inequality. She holds an Ivy League degree but has also worked in more strip clubs than even she can remember. She is not a former Mexican telenovela star contrary to what the tabloids might say, but she is a former ballerina and will always remain one in her heart. She lives in NYC with her husband and two children and yes, when she’s not writing you can find her on the playground. 

~CONNECT WITH MARA~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER     WEBSITE

ARC REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment