Friday, January 22, 2016

Book Review: The Baller by Vi Keeland

THE BALLER

The first time I met Brody Easton was in the men’s locker room. 
It was my first interview as a professional sportscaster.
The famed quarterback decided to bare all. 
And by all, I don’t mean he told me any of his secrets.
No. The arrogant ass decided to drop his towel, just as I asked the first question. On camera. 
The Super Bowl MVP quickly adopted a new hobby—screwing with me.
When I pushed back, he shifted from wanting to screw with me, to wanting to screw me.
But I don’t date players.
And it’s not because I’m one of the few women working in the world of professional football. 
I’d date an athlete. 
It’s the other kind of player I don’t date. 
You know the type. Good looking, strong, cocky, always looking to get laid.


Brody Easton was the ultimate player.
Every woman wanted to be the one to change him.
But the truth was, all he needed was a girl worth changing for.
Turned out, I was that girl.
Simple right?
Let’s face it. It never is.
There’s a story between once upon a time and happily ever after…
And this one is ours. 


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
Review: 4.5 Stars

Sometimes we believe things not because we know they are true, but because the lies are easier to accept.

I was so excited for this book to come out....I couldn't wait!! I have read TWO other books by Vi Keeland (Throb and Beat) and I really liked them. The stories flowed and never felt stilted, so I was hoping for the same with this one.

Clearly, this one was no different....but, dare I say it, better? I fell in love immediately. I was able to instantly get caught up in Brody and Delilah's world. But the fact that I immediately connected and felt their chemistry right off the bat told me that I was in for a good time!!! I love when I can connect quickly and fall into the story easily. It makes for a better reading experience...so I smiled. I giggled. I swooned. Then I sighed. This book had everything I needed in it to make it perfect for me. I read this book in one siting....and it was refreshing. I love Vi's writing style and the ease in which she appears to tell a story. It had good dialogue, super sexy times and a little drama to mix it up.

While Brody may be a smart-ass and a hard core football player, he is a swoon-worthy man with depth and brains. Complete player, but he has some serious game and a heart of gold. I loved seeing the way he fought with himself because he wanted Delilah BAD.

Delilah herself was a very strong heroine and I loved her character. She was funny to read and she is very witty. She was trying to hold off Brody's pick up lines, and those were comical-let me tell ya!!! The way these two interacted just made the book as awesome as it was and I just really enjoyed it!! I smiled so much while reading this book....it was SO FREAKING GOOD. Gosh....how many ways can I say I loved it and encourage you to buy it!!? Really, so very good.

I'm giving away a copy on my Facebook page HERE:

~BEE

 PURCHASE 


AMAZON US      AMAZON UK      B&N      iBOOKS      KOBO      GOOGLE PLAY


~MEET VI KEELAND~
Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting smut author by night!

~CONNECT WITH VI~
FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER     INSTAGRAM     PINTEREST

No comments:

Post a Comment