Thursday, December 1, 2016

Book Review for A Veil of Vines by Tillie Cole


A VEIL OF VINES
by TILLIE COLE

To most people, princes, princesses, counts and dukes are found only in the pages of the most famous of fairytales. Crowns, priceless jewels and gilded thrones belong only in childhood dreams.
But for some, these frivolous fancies are truth.

For some, they are real life.

On Manhattan’s Upper East Side, people have always treated me as someone special. All because of my ancestral name and legacy. All because of a connection I share to our home country’s most important family of all.

I am Caresa Acardi, the Duchessa di Parma. A blue blood of Italy. I was born to marry well. And now the marriage date is set.

I am to marry into House Savona. The family that would have been the royals had Italy not abolished the monarchy in 1946. But to the aristocrats of my home, the abolition means nothing at all.

The Savonas still hold power where it counts most.

In our tight-knit world of money, status and masked balls, they are everything and more.

And I am soon to become one of them.

I am soon to become Prince Zeno Savona’s wife…

… or at least I was, until I met Achille.

And everything changed.


REVIEW: 6 STARS
"He was simplicity incarnate, yet simultaneously so complex."

It's known that I have been in a reading slump. I have DNF'd more books lately than I have the entire time I've been reading. Some books that I thought I would love just didn't live up. I was on a collision course with heartbreak, I swear!! Well, Tillie Cole not only broke that slump, she has a new fan. Love doesn't even begin to explain how I feel about this book. I was trying to explain it to my girlfriends one night and I said, "It's like I'm being led around the ballroom with my gown flowing behind me. It's just beautiful." I know it sounds dumb, but I didn't know how else to explain the ease and the flow of her words. Thank gosh they got it...

And, oh my gosh, the words....they were absolutely beautiful. They had charisma. They had beauty. They had elegance that made me swoon. I think that added the most to my experience. This book had ambience. Even though this was my first book by her, it read like I had read her many times before and her cadence moved with me. It seriously flowed. I swear....perfection.

The mental love in this book superseded the emotional love, but the physical love followed the heart and took them both by storm. The emotions in this book were HIGH, but the fact that they weren't all about sex, and throw in that it was a mental thing too? Man....so pure, so true, so epic. Their love? Amazing. And the buildup to their love showcased their consummate love story. <sigh> I could seriously go on about how unbelievably perfect their love was, but I think you get it by now.

This was a story of duty negating love and responsibility ushering out the heart's knowledge of what true love actually is.

This was honestly like reading a fairytale for me. I felt like my heart was in suspended reality, sitting happily by while I read it. I devoured the entire book with stars in my eyes, dreaming about meeting my prince, all the while sitting there with a smile on my face. This entire book was sigh-worthy. From the get go, I was enraptured, entranced, completely caught up in their story. I couldn't put the book down and certainly enjoyed it from the very first word until the last. Their love story was pure passion making it's course on unchartered territory. Truly a page out of your favorite fairytale, princes and all.

GOSH!! Trying to explain this is so difficult. The battles, the desires, the need...it was ALL there. There was pain. There was agony. There was despair. But there was true love. He had such a silent strength and he loved her with conviction. This book is so worth it. I want to gift out as many books as I can. If you want a copy, comment on the pinned Facebook post (only ONCE please) and feel free to tag and share, but here's the catch: For every TEN comments, I will gift out an ecopy via Amazon.

"We are made of the same soul but not of the same life."
~BEE

PURCHASE:


~MEET TILLIE COLE~
Tillie Cole hails from a small town in the North-East of England. She grew up on a farm with her English mother, Scottish father and older sister and a multitude of rescue animals. As soon as she could, Tillie left her rural roots for the bright lights of the big city.

After graduating from Newcastle University with a BA Hons in Religious Studies, Tillie followed her Professional Rugby player husband around the world for a decade, becoming a teacher in between and thoroughly enjoyed teaching High School students Social Studies before putting pen to paper, and finishing her first novel.

Tillie has now settled in Austin, Texas, where she is finally able to sit down and write, throwing herself into fantasy worlds and the fabulous minds of her characters.

Tillie is both an independent and traditionally published author, and writes many genres including: Contemporary Romance, Dark Romance, Young Adult and New Adult novels.

When she is not writing, Tillie enjoys nothing more than curling up on her couch watching movies, drinking far too much coffee, while convincing herself that she really doesn’t need that extra square of chocolate.

~CONNECT WITH TILLIE~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

ARC REVIEW


3 comments: