Friday, December 9, 2016

Book Review for Womanizer by Katy Evans


WOMANIZER
by KATY EVANS

You've seen the headlines: Womanizing billionaire player! Watch out! Stay away!
We were just two strangers. Facing a forbidden attraction, a chemical connection. Neither of us expected or wanted it to amount to more.
But I had never been drawn to a guy the way I was drawn to this one: my brother's best friend, and CEO of the company where I interned.
Even knowing I should stay away, I proved to be too human, after all.The chemistry was amazing.
The laughs were incredible.
I opened up to him in more ways than I'd opened up to anyone before.
But sex was as far as I'd go.
Just sex because he was too irresistible.
Just sex because I wouldn't be falling for him.
Just sex because I'd leave in three months, and I'd like for my brother not to kill me, and for nobody to find out he was my wicked little secret.
He wasn't the One.
He was just a womanizer.
But for a time, he would be mine.



REVIEW:3+ STARS
"No more thinking about consequences; there are none. The risk is ours and ours alone -- only between us."

Well....as I was reading this, all I could say was "I am not impressed". After falling in love with her Real Series, with the depth of her characters, the entire plot, and everything that went on to cause me to have my first ever book hangover, this one left me squinting my eyes and shaking my head.

^^^^^^^
That's how my original DNF review started for this book. I'm going to be REAL with you here, because all my reviews are honest and I have to be true to myself. I seriously questioned why I was going to continue this book. The writing was very different from Katy's normal writing that I usually find easily entertaining and very hot. It didn't read as a polished book that I would normally expect from her, and it had some godawful comments and sentences that made me say WHAAAT!!

--> For instance: "He doesn't even remove my panties, he tugs them aside until they're hooked to the side by my swollen labia..." First thing I'm thinking is, nice visual....time for some surgery!!

It was almost formulaic in some places and robotic in others. The thing that kills me is that by looking at the teasers and the synopsis for this book, it should have been a slam dunk!! Classic Katy, swoony and sexy that I know she writes. It sounded amazing.....but sadly, it didn't read that way at first and I was very sad about that. I know Katy can elicit feelings and emotions out of me with her characters and storylines. I know this.

IN COMES A FRIENDLY CHAT!!  I am so glad I phoned a friend!! Ok....not really, but I am sure glad I messaged a friend that ended up finishing it and she recommended I continue on. I am glad I did. Yes, I am GLAD I DID. While I didn't LOVE the book like I wanted to, I found it to be a pretty good book.

Callan MADE this book....he made it. He has a witty mouth and I loved the way he talked to Olivia. I loved the way he pushed her and made her truly think about who she was and what she honestly wanted in life. He was a very determined man, very business savvy and headstrong. I reeeally liked him.

Olivia/Livvy was another story. She was an interesting one and it took a loooong time for me to get used to her and her personality....and I will say that it took well past the 50% mark to where I wasn't finding myself dropping my jaw as much. I couldn't get over the way she verbalized everything, or the way she gave us a play by play of what she was doing or thinking. And the things she said and did? I seriously shook my head and was pulled out of the intensity of some of the scenes because she just word vomits everywhere. I just didn't understand her. There was no allure, no ability to discover anything....she basically said it ALL.

Their relationship started out with them meeting on the terrace where they work...and I really liked that part of it. She didn't know who he was at first and it worked...it really did. Intrigue with no sense of obligation on how you're supposed to act and you can just be friendly and chatty. At first, Callan was quiet and mysterious, and I liked that about him. It was an interesting (almost questionable at first) match between these two characters, but it eventually worked out really well. I know that the right woman can make you let your guard down, make you fall in love against your will. I get that....that's what love is. That was the best part about this book. Love was very apparent and so very perfect.

Overall, this book was a good read. It was HOT when Olivia and Callan came together....like, inferno hot. That was classic 'Katy' that I know and love. Some of it was juvenile in the way things were said and how she acted, but again, I am very glad I finished this book. It was a cute book after it was all said and done. I know many people will absolutely love the book. I loved the storyline....it was perfect. I just struggled with the writing and the content a little. I can recommend this book though and I will. I want to read the rest of this series because it all sounds interesting based on the characters, and I am actually looking forward to Emmett and Wynn's story.

"They say you're never truly wealthy until you have something money can't buy."
~BEE




~MEET KATY EVANS~
Hey! I’m Katy Evans and I love family, books, life, and love. I’m married with two children and three dogs and spend my time baking, walking, writing, reading, and taking care of my family. Thank you for spending your time with me and picking up my story. I hope you had an amazing time with it, like I did. If you’d like to know more about books in progress, look me up on the Internet, I’d love to hear from you!

~CONNECT WITH KATY~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

ARC REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment