Friday, October 7, 2016

Book Review for The Player by Claire Contreras

THE PLAYER
by CLAIRE CONTRERAS
I'm naturally gifted on the field and between the sheets. With flashy cars and enough media attention to put the Royal Family to shame, I’m the definition of Most Eligible Bachelor.

I've never met a man who doesn't want to be me or a woman who doesn't want to tame me. Until I meet Camila.

From the moment I lay eyes on her, I know I have to have her.

She wants to keep me at arm's length.
I want her naked in my bed.

She thinks our worlds are too different.
All I want her to think about is screaming my name.

She says I’m bad news.

I have three weeks to prove her wrong.


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆
REVIEW: 5 PERFECT PLAYER STARS
"To love is to put your own feelings aside for the benefit of another."

It's no secret I love me a cocky alpha. I just do. I love that we *all* know there is something that will eventually break them down. Something....or some ONE. This book has the PERFECT cocky athlete and the best heroine I've read in a LONG time. This book is Claire's best work. I can say that with conviction. The whole book I had a giddy, excited perma-grin on my face the entire time I read it! I was constantly smiling, whether it was the witty banter between War and Camila or the sexual innuendos in their conversations. Either way, Claire nailed it!

This story was told in dual POV and I really think Claire portrayed the feelings we needed to see and feel from Warren's perspective exceptionally well. The way she showed his emotion was not girly, but told with precision. So good! I feel like some authors miss the mark on writing a male POV and Claire seemed to slide right through his with ease. Camila was a strong heroine with a good head on her shoulders. With integrity and strong morals guiding her, some serious vibes from Warren had her questioning her thought process about him and I loved seeing her fight this undeniable attraction. As we went though the story, we got to fall in love together....even though the whole world was already in love with Warren. Camila put him in his place, and I think that was such a good thing to see. She grounded him and I craved seeing it. I feel like, when a man can be a cocky man, a sensitive man and an honest man....that's a win!! Warren embodied that, unequivocally. The honesty between these two characters' feelings gave me an epic reading experience.

You will swoon. You will smile like a fool. You will giggle.....and you will feel some unbelievable pain. But even knowing my heart was hurting, I knew that it would be put back together just fine. And it was. I will shout this book from the rooftops. EXCELLENT BOOK. Officially added to my list of favorites of the year so far. His cockyness and her shyness made the dynamic and balance between them really neat. I cannot stop thinking about them!!!

I feel like Claire's stories always touch my heart. There is always something with honest meaning behind her words that will make you stop and realize that it isn't just a story. I don't feel like it's always 'just' a story with her words, because I feel that her emotions come out in them, through her words. I loved her Hearts series, but I think Warren is my favorite of all her stories and men!! What a journey she took me on. I loved it. Every. Single. Page. I need this one signed and on my shelf ASAP.

I must say...this quote is worth a tattoo:

"Life is short. We're only here to chase moments. I'd rather make those moments worthwhile."
~BEE
◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆
~MEET CLAIRE CONTRERAS~
Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor.

She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit.

~CONNECT WITH CLAIRE~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

ARC REVIEW

2 comments:

  1. I just started reading this today. I'm so glad I found your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found it too!!! I hope you love it!!!

      Delete