Friday, December 8, 2017

Book Review for Undeniably You by Jewel E Ann

UNDENIABLY YOU
by JEWEL E ANN

One crazy dog—one awkward vet—one naked pool guy—and one life-changing month in California to make friends, fall in love, and twist fate.

Who gets paid to walk a dog and recline by the pool all day? Sydney Montgomery, aspiring museum curator and professional house-sitter, that’s who.

When her aunt and uncle need a house and dog sitter for thirty days in Palo Alto, Sydney can’t turn down the chance to be closer to her sister in L.A. Within twenty-four hours of her arrival, Sydney’s cleaning up runny dog poo, taking an uncooperative pooch to a handsome yet awkward vet, and being rescued from the bottom of the pool by a naked “pool guy.”

Lautner, “pool guy,” has a hot body and a cool persona. With eyes of iridescent blue oceans, he is mesmerizing, sexy, and addictive. What he is not—the pool guy.

Dr. Lautner Sullivan is a college wide receiver turned pediatric resident. He knows how to woo a woman with flowers, pastries, and sweet tea. Lautner is every girl’s dream, but Sydney is not every girl. She’s immune to rainbows, fairytales, pixy dust, and the “L” word.

The attraction is immediate, the friendship is earned, and the love is undeniable. Thirty days is their forever, but forever is not long enough.



REVIEW: 4 Gut Twisting STARS

The power of What If. The validity of FATE
This book had it in spades. 

This review feels very ADHD to me because I had SO many thoughts and so many comments on my kindle, and I just threw them in here. I am going to try to make some sense of my jumbled thoughts because I loved this book. I loved the journey; oh man, did I ever love it!! I loved the characters, flaws and all. And let me tell you, the heroine in this book was flawed in her thinking and in her personal mentality. That's always hard to read, but for once, I was able to connect with her because of her insecurities and flaws and I hope that YOU will be able to as well. There is just something about Jewel E Ann.....her words evoke emotions, her stories move you and your thoughts, and her characters are so worthy of your time. The depth in which she tells a story does not go unnoticed by me at all. She is easily becoming one of my favorites....a 'dessert' of sorts. You know how you save the best for last so you can savor it? I am savoring my reads that I have left of hers, but I am equally excited to jump into her back catalog.

Let us discuss this book, but let me tell you about the chemistry first. It was INsane. Absolutely insane. Like, top notch, grab your honey, INSANE. And hot? Yes, very hot. But you know what I giggled at?? It was all by chance/fate/happenstance! I am a firm believer in fate, and this entire story was based off chance/fate/happenstance and so it made my little heart swoon. Whatever you want to call it, just listen to it, and when divine intervention stands in front of you and pushes you somewhere.....just listen. fall. go with the flow. After reading this story, I couldn't sigh enough. I loved it. I really did.

Sydney, I feel, had a very good head on her shoulders. She made wise decisions. She had goals she was going to attain. She had direction in her life and didn't let anyone or anything stand in her way. In other words, she was stubborn beyond belief, hard-headed, and quite driven. Unfortunately, with these.....ahem, attributes, she sort of got hung up on some 'issues'.  From the outside looking in, we can easily get mad at her decisions. We can pass judgement and we can turn up our noses. It's easy. But her insecurities and flaws are what made me be able to connect with her better. Seriously, if I thought about it....she was able to mentally rationalize it all in her own little warped mind as to why she was doing/not doing something and so I was along for the ride. I needed to see this one through because the powers that be had other things in store for her.

Lautner, ooohmygosh. I am pretty sure I have a new book boyfriend to be listed in my favorites. I sought out his every thought, his every word, his every action and reaction to anything Sydney said and did. Painful, or not, their emotions were real. He knew. He knew and he fought and he tried and he went through hell and back. The trials and tribulations he went through in this book broke my little tiny heart. (I hear it's two sizes too small) I love when a man is a man, but knows how to fight for his woman, but he's also flawed. He also has his breakdowns and needs to own up and fix them. I mean it when I say these characters had depth and vulnerability down.

I am completely smitten with her wordsmithing. I love the way she weaves a story together and takes me on a journey; one that I am not going to forget anytime soon.

This book was very memorable. It left me raw and heartbroken at 61% and I wasn't too sure I was going to be able to continue on, but that seems to be a theme with Miss Jewel, because she has done this to me a number of times now. And maybe, that being her MO, is what is constantly pulling me back. I know that she can jack me up, but then put me back together again, fully and wholly.

I loved this book. I loved how jacked up it made me feel. I loved the angst. I loved how easily I connected with Sydney, but also how mad she made me!!! The one thing I have to say first and foremost is that we did NOT get a perfect heroine. She was truly YOUNG and FLAWED, she made irrational decisions, she was stubborn.....yet so.very.relatable.

I love a book that renders me useless...one that completely captivates me and makes me push everything aside so that I can just be consumed by the characters and the storyline, the feelings and the emotions.

Oh my gosh....the emotions in her words. The angst in her story. The love in her pool boy. OMG. Be still my heart. I felt every single emotion you could possibly feel with this one and I am so in love. I have read three books by Jewel now, and I have to say she is a win for me every time. I have read her recent ones, and this one is one of her oldest, and while there are very obvious differences in her ability to tell a story, the angst she throws out in every story I have read, it's amazing. I know I am a seeker of angst, I am sure it's written somewhere. She set this....tone, this setting, that was just fluid in the story. I know that things weren't always easy, but she set this tone that had me clenching my stomach and biting my nails nonstop.

Right after I finished this one, I couldn't form rational sentences because the 'what if's' were aplenty and when an author makes me think so much about a book after I've finished it, that tells me something. Like I said, I have read Jewel's newest newest books, so going back to her first ones and reading them, I can see she has always had a knack for amazing men, deep characters, and angsty storylines, but she has obviously had a good foundation to start from. I truly enjoy her words and the stories she gifts us with. I can't wait to read more by her.

~BEE

PURCHASE: 


~MEET JEWEL E ANN~
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor.

With 10 years of flossing lectures under belt, she took early retirement from her dental hygiene career to stay home with her three awesome boys and manage the family business.

After her best friend of nearly 30 years suggested a few books from the contemporary Romance genre, Jewel was hooked. Devouring two and three books a week but still craving more, she decided to practice sustainable reading, AKA writing.

When she’s not donning her cape and saving the planet one tree a a time, she enjoys yoga with friends, good food with family, rock climbing with her kids, watching How I Met Your Mother reruns, and of course . . .heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, panty-scorching novels.

~CONNECT WITH JEWEL~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON      GOODREADS      TWITTER

PERSONALLY PURCHASED BOOK

CHECK OUT JEWEL'S BOOKS: http://amzn.to/2AoylE3

No comments:

Post a Comment