Thursday, March 9, 2017

Book Review for American Prince by Sierra Simone



I’ve been many things.

I’ve been a son and a stepbrother. An Army captain and a Vice President. 

But only with Him am I a prince. His little prince.

Only with Maxen and Greer does my world make sense, only between them can I find peace from the demons that haunt me. But men like me aren’t made to be happy. We don’t deserve it. And I should have known a love as sharp as ours could cut both ways.

My name is Embry Moore and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States…for now.

This is the story of an American Prince.



REVIEW: WOW!!
"I ache for the feeling of being cradled between the two bodies I love best in this world, the feel of their sweat-slicked skin and hard muscles, and the biting teeth they used when they couldn't find the right words to whisper to me."

So this book was full of emotion....hard, intense, honest, RAW emotion. It was all kinds of sexy! Not only did we get Embry's side of the story, we got some more of Greer's as well. I will say again that while I enjoy the actual storyline and the BDSM content, which doesn't bother me at all, this one still had some demeaning sides to it and it was hard to stomach in some points -- this book series is not for the faint of heart. Did I enjoy this book? Hell yes. I was completely enthralled in the story and I couldn't put it down. It was provocative and heart wrenching. It was most definitely thought provoking! I thought about 'so much more' while I read this book. And let's discuss the sex scenes right up front!! They were intense. A brilliant mixture of volatile and hot, sweet and rough, painful and sensuous. I felt like I was peeking in on something so intimate and pure to them and it was really alluring at times. It almost felt like I was eavesdropping on something so personal, something so beautiful between Embry, Greer and Ash. 

I'm not sure I can really give an honest rating on this series just yet since we are mid series and my thoughts have raced from one end of the spectrum to the other, but I have to tell you that after my conflicted review for American Queen, I am left completely and fully in official book hangover mode. Was it lighter and airier? Not really. Was it softer on the BDSM side? Not even a little bit. It was so much more.....so.much.more. In this book, I felt all the pain. I felt all the turmoil between their hearts and minds and souls. I felt the rush and the relief. The give and the take. I seriously felt so much with this book. Oh my, I really enjoyed it A LOT. 

"I can barely breathe, he kisses me so deeply, but I don't care. I don't want to, don't want any air that Ash himself hasn't given me."

The honesty:
Did some actions and reactions make me shake my head? Again, yes. This very definitely happened. Were there parts that had me asking if sex was thrown in for just "sex"? Sadly, yes there were times I thought that and I won't deny that in my mind some of it may have seemed frivolous -- at the time. I seriously questioned "Why are we having sex now!!??" at a crucial point in the story, but after reading the entire book, I see how it played into the plot perfectly well. Miss Sierra was calculated in her writing of this series. Well played Sierra, well played. I don't pretend to understand the depth of the feelings an emotions that tie in with their actions/scenes, but if I know anything at all, it's that Sierra can write a salaciously good book with a storyline meant to invade your mind. 

I don't ever want to question an author's idea for their story, because it is 'their' story to tell, and please do not take it that I am. The first book made me shake my head a bit, but this one made my eyes bug out and my mouth gape open a couple times; really had me turning the pages seeking more truth and better understanding. But, it also had me reading slow enough that I could put the book down and truly ponder the meaning behind some of the actions and words that were said. Actions had double meanings, words had heart and soul behind them. This book was so much more enjoyable for me than the first one. I am very anxious for the next installment....the finale.

The reality:
I am completely sucked in. Enthralled. This book was an eye opening read. It was an experience that took me on a detailed tour of this visceral need for such emotions and feelings all centered around these three people that know from the deepest crevices of their hearts one thing: they are meant to be together and to love one another. That their love is pure and to never question the validity of it. The sensuality was ratcheted up throughout the entire book. I questioned how in the world something so perverse and raw (to me) can be turned into something so hot? I wanted to call it morbid curiosity. What does it say about me? Why do I keep reading? It begs the question, how are you so turned off while being simultaneously turned on? Damn you, Sierra. You twisted up my mind and jacked up my thinking process!

--> One of my biggest concerns about a cliffhanger months later is that it's always hard for me to get back into the story. True to Sierra's ability to write a well crafted story, I was able to jump in and hit the floor running with this next installment to their story. I am anxiously awaiting American King now because that story is certain to hold ALL the answers to my questions...and then some.

When you are done....you can purge your pain in the AMERICAN PRINCE THERAPY ROOM. Trust me, you will need it. I love how this book rests on memorable moments. Beautiful moments that engulf the love they have for each other, individually and all together. It feels almost trivial to say how intense this book was....because it was so.much.more.

"How could I make him understand? That it had to be like this? That I had to be conquered, not wooed? Because it was new to me too; only with Ash did this part of me exist. I could still barely put words to it inside my own head."
~BEE


PURCHASE LINKS:







It starts with a stolen kiss under an English sky, and it ends with a walk down the aisle. It starts with the President sending his best friend to woo me on his behalf, and it ends with my heart split in two. It starts with buried secrets and dangerous desires…and ends with the three of us bound together with a hateful love sharper than any barbed wire.

My name is Greer Galloway, and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States.

This is the story of an American Queen. 

 ADD TO GOODREADS

YOU CAN READ MY REVIEW HERE: http://bit.ly/2eZQ8ms


Start the Trilogy with American Queen Today!






AND WHEN YOU ARE DONE DEVOURING THESE TWO BOOKS, MAKE SURE TO ADD AMERICAN KING TO YOUR TBR --> http://bit.ly/2lnABUJ

◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     

~MEET SIERRA SIMONE~
Sierra Simone is a former librarian who spent too much time reading romance novels at the information desk. She lives with her husband and family in Kansas City.

~CONNECT WITH SIERRA~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER

ARC REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment