Monday, February 22, 2016

Dual Review for Kaleidoscope Hearts and Paper Hearts by Claire Contreras

Kaleidoscope Hearts
by Claire Conteras
He was my older brother's best friend.
He was never supposed to be mine.
I thought we would get it out of our system and move on.

One of us did.
One of us left.

Now he’s back, looking at me like he wants to devour me. And all those feelings I’d turned into anger are brewing into something else, something that terrifies me.
He broke my heart last time.
This time he'll obliterate it.

ADD TO GOODREADS

Paper Hearts
by Claire Contreras

I lost her. No, I didn't lose her. I threw her away. She was my best friend. I was never supposed to fall in love with her. I was careless. She was heartbroken. I thought I was doing fine. But here she is, years later, forced to work with me, reminding me why I fell in love with her in the first place. And this time I'm going to do everything in my power to never let her go.


ADD TO GOODREADS


◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     
SERIES REVIEW: 5 STARS

So I decided, after reading Kaleidoscope Hearts, Torn Hearts and then Paper Hearts, ALL IN A ROW that I'm mush. My heart got a workout. I love how drained I feel....it's such a different feeling in that I don't get it all the time. I'm on a serious book downer!! WHAT could possibly live up to that lineup??? What is going to make me FEEL those emotions like I did??? Geez. I am seriously in love with Claire Contreras and her style of writing.

What style is that, you ask? Emotion filled words.....and the kind that you can FEEL. They tugged on my heart! They aren't just words you are reading, coming to you off a page. Nope. You are feeling them. I felt a serious ache in my heart while reading Kaleidoscope Hearts and Paper Hearts. They were beautiful reads....no doubt about it. The pain that I felt....I actually enjoyed it. It was so torturously good. And sexy. And agonizing. And amazing. And excruciating. And angsty. I loved that part of it!!! I love me some good angst.

I am finding the more and more that I read, the more picky I get because I'm just starting to realize what plots and authors really work for me. Claire Contreras is officially one of those authors now that I know will write me a story that will just render me speechless. Because I am. Where do I even begin to explain this book?

We have seen all those reviews that explain this very touching story that she writes of heartache and pain, and the chance to find one another again while working to get past the pain they caused. Yep. We have. And all of the ones that say this is an amazing book, they aren't lying. Not one bit....and I will back every one of those reviews. I want to talk about Claire and her style. I want YOU to know that she writes these super emotionally captivating stories that make you FEEL. Like, I want to say she is different than many of the others I have read because I FELT her. I seriously had to stop a few times and just ponder the possibilities of what she was writing about. Her words were so deep...so many things were said that could've meant so many other things. Man!!! I just want to scream it out....these books were AMAZING.

Seriously. Love. Her.

And now....the realization comes. I met her in July 2015 in Portland (sat next to her, no less!!!) and I didn't get a signed copy of Kaleidoscope Hearts. Are you crying along with me? Because....yeah. Now I'm even more bummed. <sigh>

Overall, I would give Paper Hearts a 4.5 star rating. The only reason I couldn't give it a full 5 stars was because at one point I wanted to punch Mia. Like....pick up a damn phone, woman!! But the angst and the heartstrings-pulling love that these two had? Yes, amazing. Jenson is IT. SOLID. He is the man. He is an artist, so his love comes out in such a romantic way and I loved seeing things through his eyes.

Kaleidoscope Hearts gets a 5 star rating from me for the pure torture I felt while reading this back and forth love story between Oliver and Elle. I know some people wont like the back and forth part of it, but that was realistically written. This one made me yearn for their touches for them. Ok? Yearn FOR them. Yeah, I know...I'm weird. They had an intensity that was HOT and undeniable. And it was this intensity that had me pacing.

Other than that....I loved this series and Claire ranks right up as one of my new favorites. I seriously loved these books. Now I have to go buy all her others so I can get soaked into her little worlds again. Just wrap myself up and veg....her books were THAT good.

~BEE

◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     ◆     

~MEET CLAIRE CONTRERAS~
Claire is a New York Times & USA Today Best Selling author, mother of two, wife of one, owner of three dogs, and breast cancer survivor.

She enjoys writing anything from children’s stories to erotic suspense, but her most notable work is a contemporary romance. When she’s not writing, she’s reading and dreaming about places she wants to visit.
~CONNECT WITH CLAIRE~

FACEBOOK     AMAZON     GOODREADS     TWITTER


SERIES PURCHASE LINKS:

KALEIDOSCOPE HEARTS

PAPER HEARTS

No comments:

Post a Comment